Melaleuca knows what a rare privilege it is to live and work in a free nation. The safety and security we sometimes take for granted has often come at a tremendous price. For that reason, we are honored to support our veterans, soldiers, law enforcement, firefighters, other first responders and their families for their courage and sacrifice.
For 26 years, Melaleuca has paid a special tribute to our nation’s soldiers, veterans, and their families with the Melaleuca Freedom Celebration—the largest Independence Day fireworks show west of the Mississippi. Free to the public, the Melaleuca Freedom Celebration recognizes the freedoms and liberties upon which the United States was founded and honors the servicemen and women who’ve sacrificed for those freedoms.
• Donating money to purchase and repair power wheelchairs for veterans in need.
• Showing appreciation for our veterans and soldiers by providing them and their families with celebration dinners
• Donating to the Veterans of Foreign Wars Auxiliary, which serves veterans, active-duty military and their families.
• Preparing and sending countless comfort kits to our soldiers serving overseas.
As a result of these and other patriotic effort, Melaleuca was awarded the Seven Seals Award in 2015 for “providing meritorious leadership and initiative in support of the men and women who serve Americans in the National Guard and Reserve.”
While members of our military are fighting abroad for our freedom, our police forces, firefighters and first responders put their lives on the line right here at home. Over the years, Melaleuca has supported these brave men and women in numerous ways, including:
• Donating health and wellness product to firefighters, law enforcement officials and first responders, particularly during times of natural disaster.
• Making financial contributions to several chapters of the Fraternal Order of Police.
• Helping a local police force purchase a new police dog that specializes in drug detection.
• Helping police, firefighters and search and rescue teams purchase equipment so they can perform their jobs safely and effectively.
• Lighting up the Melaleuca Global Headquarters in blue to show support of law enforcement.
• Donating land for the construction of a new police station.